¡Hola! My name is Laura Muñoz Villena and I am a qualified language teacher and qualified translator and interpreter from Barcelona (Spain). I moved to New Zealand in 2017 and as there wasn’t any centre in Nelson specialised in teaching Spanish I decided to create the “Nelson Spanish Centre”.
I am a qualified language teacher (English, Spanish, French and Chinese) with more than 10 years teaching experience. I am an enthusiastic, dedicated and caring teacher and I am always on the lookout for fun, engaging and innovative learning opportunities.
I have experience teaching both adults and children. I have worked as a full-time languages teacher in the United Kingdom and have experience preparing students for official examinations, including GCSE (AQA and Edexcel Boards), iGCSE (Edexcel Board) and A Levels (A1 and A2, OCR board). I am available for private tuition for these official exams and for the IB course (International Baccalaureate). I am also an accredited DELE (Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language) tutor and examiner.
I am also a qualified English-Spanish and French-Spanish translator and interpreter. I qualified in 2008 at Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona, Spain.
- 2016-2017: Spanish and French Teacher (part-time), Accent Language School (Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom)
- 2015-2016: Spanish and French Teacher (full-time), Elizabeth College (Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom)
- 2014: Spanish Teacher (part-time), Speak Spanish Language School (Christchurch, New Zealand)
- 2010-2014: Spanish, French and Mandarin Teacher (full-time), Portsmouth High School (Portsmouth, United Kingdom)
- 2010: Spanish Teacher (part-time), Prêt à Parler Languages (London, United Kingdom)
- 2006-2007: English as a Foreign Language Teacher (part-time), Happy Kids School of English (Barcelona, Spain)
- 2017: DELE tutor and examiner course for your levels B1-B2 (Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language)
- 2011-2012: Graduate Teacher Programme, Qualified Teacher Status (Chichester University, Chichester, United Kingdom)
- 2008-2009: Masters in International Management and Marketing (Roehampton University, London, United Kingdom)
- 2007-2008: B.A. in Translation and Interpreting, final year (Roehampton University, London, United Kingdom)
- 2004-2007: B.A. in Translation and Interpreting (Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain)
Other language qualifications
- 2013-2014: Beginners Chinese Course, Open University, distance learning course (United Kingdom)
- 2013: Beginners Chinese Course, Beijing University, immersion course (Beijing, China)
If you require some additional information or would like to see my full CV, certificates and references, please do not hesitate to contact me.